Our dancers love to perform all around the Triad community each year. Most of these performances are often offered free of charge. We have made appearances and performed at such community events as: Holiday Parade, Junior League of Greensboro's Touch A Truck, DGSO park events, National Day of Dance with the Boys & Girls Club, Dancers Against Cancer performances and many of downtown Greensboro's First Friday events and more!
2020 Community/Outreach Peformances
- National Dance Day - A virtual celebration of the art of dance with various dance artists from Greensboro, hosted by the Greensboro Downtown Parks on September 19, 10am-6pm. Greensboro Ballet has been recorded at Center City Park performing a piece about the struggles dancers have had being isolated during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- "Ballet Day at GCM" - We're celebrating #BalletDay on Friday, February 7th at 10:30am with a Ballet Storytime at the Greensboro Children's Museum. This year, Cinderella and one of her Fairy friends will read children's ballet books to GCM guests, followed by some fun ballet activities.
- PreSchool Storytime with Cinderella - The Central Library will have a special "field trip" on Friday, March 6 at 10:30am for its PreSchool Storytime! Guests are invited for a FREE storytime led by the Library Lady, followed by a demonstration by some of our Cinderella dancers!
- Northern Elementary School - Greensboro Ballet will present an educational lecture/demo to all students at Northern on Wednesday, March 11th. We will also give a little preview of our Cinderella performance.
- Well-Spring Performance Theatre - Greensboro Ballet will present a Cinderella Dress Rehearsal of the Fairy Scene for Well-Spring residents only in Spring of 2021. This behind-the-scenes look will also include a "warm-up class" held on stage and a staging run-through, before the costumed Dress Rehearsal. Residents will also get a chance to meet and talk with the dancers after the performance.
- Lots more, coming soon.
Watch for this hashtag on all our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) for news, photos & more!
Now booking for our SPRING 2021 Dance in the Schools programs! For more information, contact us at 336-333-7480 or email@example.com
Greensboro Ballet is able to present these various community outreach performances only because of the financial support of generous individuals and corporate companies from Greensboro and beyond. Special thanks to each and every donor that has given of their financial resources in order to support Greensboro Ballet! If you or your company would like to join in supporting the Ballet and all its efforts in this wonderful community, please see our Donor page or call us at 336-333-7480.