Our dancers love to perform all around the Triad community each year. Most of these performances are often offered free of charge. We have made appearances and performed at such community events as: WFMY's Winterfest, Junior League of Greensboro's Touch A Truck, National Day of Dance with the Boys & Girls Club, Dancers Against Cancer performances, WFMY's Tools4Schools, many of downtown Greensboro's First Friday events and many more!
We look forward to seeing you at our . . .
2016/17 Community Performances & Outreach Appearances:
- First Friday on June 2nd - in LeBauer Park at 7pm, Free event for All!
- Library Visits - Central Library (Dec. 2), Benjamin Library (March 7)
- Greensboro Symphony Guild - Event at Greensboro Country Club (Feb. 8)
- Dance in the Schools Outreaches - Sept. 26 (Vandalia) & Nov. 21 (Cone Elem.)
- CityDance Greensboro - Sept. 29 (Vandalia), Nov. 3 (Brightwood), Nov.22 (Cone Elem.), Dec. 21 (Archer) and March 15, 2017 (Lindley)
- We have now begun our CityDance Greensboro classes at the following Schools: Hunter Elementary (Monday afternoons), Cone Elementary (Wednesday afternoons) and Vandalia Elementary (Thursday afternoons).
- Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club - We have begun classes on Tuesday afternoons.
- Youth Ensemble - First Friday (Oct. 7), Bur Mill Fall Festival (Oct. 8), Touch a Truck (Oct. 9), Dancers Against Cancer (Nov. 5), First Friday (March 3)
- Head Start Outreach - Begins Sept. 19 at Elm St. Head Start Center, Willow Oaks Head Start Center. Ray Warren Head Start Center, Macedonia Head Start Center
- December First Friday in Downtown GSO - Downtown GSO will go NUTS for First Friday as Nutcracker takes over the entire area! Look for us in the parade, at special park events and much, much more!
Now booking for our free-of-charge Fall 2017 Greensboro CityDance & our Dance in the Schools programs! For more information, contact us at 336-333-7480 or email@example.com
Past 2015/16 Season Community Outreaches:
- First Friday - October 2 & November 6, 2015 at the Greensboro Cultural Center.
- Summer Camp Fair - March 4, 2016 at the Greensboro Cultural Center
- BurMill Fall Festival - October 10, 2015
- Touch A Truck - October 11, 2015 for the Junior League of Greensboro's 6th Annual fundraising event.
- Dancers Against Cancer - November 7, 2015 at the High Point Theater for a special performance and fundraising event.
- Big Hair Ball - January 30, 2016 for an event benefiting the Piedmont Family Service.
- Boys & Girls Club of Greensboro - February 16, 2016 was the beginning of our new outreach program.
- Senior Centers/Homes - Our energetic and lovely Youth Ensemble dancers performed March 23 at Well Spring, April 9 at Heritage Green, April 13 at Carillon and April 18 at Abbotswood.
- Dance in the Schools - We performed our dance education program for elementary students: March 4 for Career Day at Reedy Fork, March 9 at Cone Elem., March 10 at Frazier, March 23 at Brightwood, April 8 at Fairview, April 12 at Gibsonville, April 19 at Southern Guilford and May 12 at Claxton Elementary.
- Greensboro CityDance - Our new outreach and scholarship program began for area 3rd graders this Spring. We worked with students March 14 & 15 at Hunter Elementary and March 16 at Brooks Global. We start the Scholarship program in the Fall!
- Denim & Degas - April 23rd event as part of Betty Creative Awards with UNCG students at Revolution Mill.
Check back for more dates!
Greensboro Ballet is able to present these various community outreach performances only because of the financial support of generous individuals and corporate companies from Greensboro and beyond. Special thanks to each and every donor that has given of their financial resources in order to support Greensboro Ballet! If you or your company would like to join in supporting the Ballet and all its efforts in this wonderful community, please see our Donor page or call us at 336-333-7480.