Classes (virtual & in-person) start September 14th! Click HERE for more info.
Why the School of Greensboro Ballet is unique:
The School of Greensboro Ballet is the Triad’s only not-for-profit classical ballet school.
Regardless of whether a student wishes to pursue dance as a career, or participate for personal development and enjoyment, we are committed to offering each student a dance education that is based on the traditions of classical ballet around the world; an education that develops focus, responsibility, physical strength and confidence...skills that will help our students in all aspects of their lives.
We offer our students the opportunity to appear on stage with principal dancers from New York City Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, Washington Ballet, Atlanta Ballet, Carolina Ballet and to be instructed by guest teachers from those same companies and more. Our school also has access to the choreography of the masters, like the late George Balanchine, as well.
Alumni of our School include Executive Director of the American Ballet Theatere, Kara Medoff Barnett, New York City Ballet soloist, Megan LeCrone and her sister Emery LeCrone, a nationally and internationally recognized choreographer.
More reasons to choose the School of Greensboro Ballet:
- Students taught at a national standard with thoroughly researched curriculum; the same classical training that is taught at schools in London, Paris, New York City and San Francisco.
- Our Interim School Director, Nina Munda, is a American Ballet Theatre Certified Teacher.
- Placement in classes (after our Children's Dance Program) is based on ability.
- We do not combine dance disciplines so that we may focus on each area specifically and because we feel some disciplines are not appropriate for certain ages.
- We teach the art of dance, rather than just teaching a dance for a recital.
- We have state-of-the-art floating dance floors, which reduce the risk of injuries and fatigue.
- Very low concert/recital/costume fees and free admission for family members.
- Intimate, low-stress concerts for our Children's Dance students only.
- Exciting, theatre-housed concerts for our students ages 7 & up.
- Opportunity for some students to audition/perform in The Nutcracker and other performances as appropriate.
- Students have performance opportunities and master classes with professional, national caliber dancers, instructors and choreographers.
- We offer a special program, Dancing Above the Barre, for children with disabilities.
All that and . . . Location, Location, Location!
SGB is located in the heart of the thriving arts and cultural downtown district of Greater Greensboro in our very own "school of the arts," known as the Greensboro Cultural Center. While your dancer is in class, her/his siblings can take classes in Theatre, Visual Arts, KinderMusik, Music (Vocal and Instrumental) and more! Or take a stroll around the Cultural Center to the Central Library, the Greensboro Children's Museum, LeBauer Park, Center City Park or the many shops and restaurants within the downtown area.
Greensboro Cultural Center INFO Downtown Greensboro INFO
YOUR CITY, YOUR BALLET
To make a donation to the Greensboro Ballet to help with Scholarships for students with financial difficulties, click HERE.